Thursday 24 January 2013

Spoon carving courses

Hi and welcome, my name is Simon Hill and I am a spoon carver. All my spoons are carved from green wood with hand tools using traditional techniques.

 I am now offering spoon carving courses for groups from a workshop in Vernon mill in Stockport Cheshire.
On the course you will learn what types of wood to use, how to use an axe and knife safely using a variety of grips to produce spoons.
The course is a one day course and costs £70 per person, this includes the use of all the tools you need and wood to carve with.
The next course is the 23rd February (this is fully booked)

For more info on course details and dates please contact me on spooncarvingcourse@gmail.com




2 comments:

  1. I have attended one of Simon's courses. I have never done anything like this before and was worried about being in a group incase I didn't pick it up..... But I had no need to worry at all! What a brilliant day I had trying this craft. Simon's teaching methods and detailed explanations were 1st class, mixed with a really friendly & relaxed atmosphere. By the end of the course I had made a spoon which I was very proud of, and I was shocked at what I had achieved, but it was all thanks to Simon. Overall, a fantastic day and extremely good value for money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went to the wood carving course today. I learn't alot. I have never done this before but really enjoyed my day and i am very happy with the spoon i made. Simon explained how to hold and use all the tools correctly and all the stages of the process from the natural wood through to the finished spoon very well. It was an amazing day and had fun. I would recommend anyone to try this course.

    ReplyDelete